Economic Revitalization Program
The Economic Revitalization Program is an immediate response to the devastating impact COVID-19 has had on our neighbourhood. Chinatown has been particularly impacted by the loss of tourists and visitors to the community. We've also experienced an increased Anti-Asian sentiment resulting in a drastic decrease in foot traffic. Our once vibrant and busy shops and restaurants have been struggling to survive over the past year. The Economic Revitalization Program is an initiative to provide business owners and residents with immediate support and access to relief resources.
With help from corporate partners, business and community leaders, and volunteers, the Economic Revitalization Program enables the Vancouver Chinatown Foundation to:
- Support businesses by helping them apply for government relief programs by providing relevant information (in Chinese and English) and connecting business owners with financial institutions, and government agencies
- Share merchant stories and profiles through initiatives like Gifts from Chinatown (an online pop-up shop) and A Taste of Chinatown
- Attract new visitors and welcome returning visitors back to Chinatown through initiatives like A Taste of Chinatown
- Implement initiatives to create cleaner and safer streets in Chinatown
- Educate and help businesses in marketing, merchandising, digital marketing and online strategies
- Raise program funds for our revitalization efforts through the launch of our Chinatown Vintage Shop online store
Special thanks to our sponsors:
FRIENDS OF THE FOUNDATION
Together, we will bring the community back together for people to live, work, and play.
Contact us today to sponsor or support our Economic Revitalization Program.
“With the help of the Vancouver Chinatown Foundation, I was able to connect with Max for the CEBA loan. With the loan, we were able to continue with our plans, it helped us significantly.”
- William Liu, Owner Operator, Kam Wai Dim Sum
“It feels great and awesome to be able to participate in this type of initiative.”
- Max Liu, Business Account Manager, RBC Royal Bank
"The successful initiatives the Foundation undertook brought awareness for Chinatown and its merchant community. Treasure Green experienced tremendous support from the Foundation and the Gifts from Chinatown event.”
- Olivia Chan, Owner & Second Generation Tea Master, Treasure Green Tea Company
“It’s amazing to be able to engage, and the Vancouver Chinatown Foundation has been an opportunity to be able to come out and help, and be part of the bigger project.”
- Peter Goudron, President & CEO, Parq Vancouver