Guest Services/Docents/Gallery InterpretersFebruary 15, 2019
Ensure our guests have a positive and seamless experience visiting the Chinatown Storytelling Centre. Duties include welcoming guests to the Centre, managing admission sales, distributing visitor maps, supporting our retail and security staff, and encouraging engagement at the Visitor Input Station. An excellent opportunity for those interested in hospitality, management and office administration.
Share your enthusiasm and communication skills to inspire our visitors to make the most of their visit at the Chinatown Storytelling Centre. Docents may also participate in our educational programs by helping students learn more about Chinatown’s history, and support Guest Services as needed. An excellent role for extroverts, and those who thrive on public speaking.
Training to be provided. Fluency in additional languages is an asset.
- Commitment to creating a positive and engaging visitor experience
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service or hospitality experience
- Ability to stand for duration of shift
- Cash handling experience an asset
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Artifact care and handling
- 1 x shadowing shift
What’s In It For You?
- Work alongside like-minded volunteers who share a common connection and passion for Vancouver’s Chinatown
- Learn about Chinese Canadian history and culture through training and development opportunities
- Invitations to special volunteer appreciation events
- Receive complimentary admission to the Chinatown Storytelling Centre, along with other discounts and perks
- Enhance your resume, and gain references after reaching a minimum number of hours