Collections AssistantFebruary 15, 2019
Our Curatorial team is always looking for volunteer support with our collections and archives. Duties may include photography, scanning/digitizing archival materials, data entry, translation, transcription, cataloguing, and research. A perfect opportunity for those who prefer to be behind the scenes and want to gain hands-on experience with museum curation and collections. Training to be provided.
* Some experience or relevant studies required. You must be at least 19 years of age to be eligible to apply.
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of local history, or interest in learning
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions
- Photography experience and/or capturing oral history is an asset
- Artifact care and handling
- 1 x shadowing shift
- Specific training as needed
What’s In It For You?
- Work alongside like-minded volunteers who share a common connection and passion for Vancouver’s Chinatown
- Learn about Chinese Canadian history and culture through training and development opportunities
- Invitations to special volunteer appreciation events
- Receive complimentary admission to the Chinatown Storytelling Centre, along with other discounts and perks
- Enhance your resume, and gain references after reaching a minimum number of hours